Teaching your child to swim is an essential life skill. Enrolling your child in swim lessons is the first step in educating them about water safety and the benefits of swimming.
Fall and Winter swim lessons will be held at the Cedar Valley SportsPlex indoor pool. Summer swim lessons are held at the following sites: CVSP (indoor), Byrnes Pool (outdoor), and Gates (outdoor).
WINTER LESSONS & CLINICS
WINTER 2021 SWIM LESSONS
WINTER 1: January 12 – February 4
WINTER 2: February 16 – March 11
Registration begins: Friday, November 20 at 8:00 AM
- Thursday, January 7 – Session 1
- Thursday, February 11 – Session 2
WINTER 2021 SWIM CLINIC
Improve and refine your swim strokes during our 4-day clinic. Swimmers will work on all major strokes: freestyle, breaststroke, backstroke, and butterfly (fundamentals and coordination). Swimmers will also be introduced to a series of drills to improve stroke technique. Must be familiar with strokes, able to swim 50 yards, and comfortable in deep water. Geared towards our Level 4-6 swim program participants. Ages 8-14.
**UPDATED MEETING DATES.
DATES: January 5–13
MEETS: Tues 1/5 | Thurs 1/7 | Mon 1/11 | Wed 1/13
RATES: $30 (MEMBER FEE: $27)
REGISTRATION BEGINS: Friday, November 20 at 8:00 AM
SEE REGISTRATION FORM FOR FULL DETAILS.
NEW SWIM LESSON CURRICULUM
We are pleased to roll out our updated swim lesson curriculum for Fall 2020. Parents are encouraged to review the provided materials to determine level placement.
- Preschool has been split into two separate classes. Preschool 1 – Swim Basics focuses on introductory swim skills, whereas, Preschool 2 – Swim Fundamentals focuses on movement through the water.
- Youth swim lessons (ages 5 years and older) now use incremental level names – Level 1-6 instead of the aquatic themed names. We’ve included new descriptions, a skills sheet, and list of pre-requisite skills to help with proper placement. The old names are also included as a comparison.
- We will continue to do our best to maintain small class sizes as it is most beneficial for instruction and retention.
- All sessions, regardless of season, will consist of 8 – 40 minute lessons.