Teaching your child to swim is an essential life skill. Enrolling your child in swim lessons is the first step in educating them about water safety and the benefits of swimming.
Fall and Winter swim lessons will be held at the Cedar Valley SportsPlex indoor pool. Summer swim lessons are held at the following sites: CVSP (indoor), Byrnes Pool (outdoor), and Gates (outdoor).
FALL SWIM LESSONS
FALL 1: September 22 – October 15
FALL 2: October 27 – November 19
Registration begins: Friday, August 14
- Thursday, September 17 – Session 1
- Thursday, October 22 – Session 2
NEW SWIM LESSON CURRICULUM
We are pleased to roll out our updated swim lesson curriculum for Fall 2020. Parents are encouraged to review the provided materials to determine level placement.
- Preschool has been split into two separate classes. Preschool 1 – Swim Basics focuses on introductory swim skills, whereas, Preschool 2 – Swim Fundamentals focuses on movement through the water.
- Youth swim lessons (ages 5 years and older) now use incremental level names – Level 1-6 instead of the aquatic themed names. We’ve included new descriptions, a skills sheet, and list of pre-requisite skills to help with proper placement. The old names are also included as a comparison.
- We will continue to do our best to maintain small class sizes as it is most beneficial for instruction and retention.
- All sessions, regardless of season, will consist of 8 – 40 minute lessons.